A Bedouin Stretch tent is an amazing investment.
Whether you purchase a tent for a permanent or semi-permanent installation or choose to buy one to use at markets, for camping expeditions or perhaps you’re an event organiser or a company who does outdoor activations, a Bedouin Stretch tent is a remarkably flexible product that, if looked after, can last for 10 years or more.
Dimensions tents are manufactured from the highest quality materials.
We take extra care with the finish to ensure that they will last and continue to look good wherever they are installed.
We treat our fabrics several agents including a water repellent, a strong anti-microbial agent to reduce mould and add a Teflon finish to ensure longevity.
To further ensure that we’ve got you covered, when it rains, our seams are stitched and then welded.
Taking care of your tent.
Correct tent set up is important.
Our qualified technicians will ensure that your permanent installation tent is set up correctly. Maintenance, however,thereafter is important.
- The correct tension is a key factor. Keep the poles tight with as little lee-way as possible. If you are unsure and need them to be inspected, please contact us.
- Inspect anchor points every 2-3 months to ensure that the tent has remained well-secured.
A correctly secured tent will withstand the inclement weather if secured according to specifications.
Because our Bedouin Stretch tent contains a waterproof membrane, the better you treat it, the longer it will last.
- Do not use any kind of solvent, even the organic type. This could potentially corrode the surface membrane which could create small pinholes which may then results in leaks.
- Do not use any strong household or industrial detergents on your tent. Membranes are sensitive to chemicals with a PH value of less than 6 and great than 8 so it’s best to use a mild hand wash powder or detergent to clean it.
- Remember to rinse the fabric thoroughly after washing to remove any residual detergent as these can cause stains from the sun.
- Do not dry clean. It’s a no-no!
Understanding the fabric of your Bedouin Stretch tent:
The membrane is treated during manufacture to protect the fabric.
However, over time the sun’s UV rays will take its toll. This is a natural degradation that applies to any organic material product.
The same applies for water (hydrolysis).
A permanent fixture tent will dry quickly when the sun comes out after a series of rainfall. If you are using your stretch tent portably, never store it in a bag while wet, not leave it in a dark, damp corner when wet.
Unless you like the moldy, murky effect 😉
The quality of our Bedouin Stretch tent is something we price ourselves in, and when looked after with some basic care, it should last you for many years.
Just like a car, the key to the longevity of your Bedouin Stretch tent is the maintenance and general upkeep.